Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My First Post

Hello All!!

I have decided to start this blog as a starting point. Let me begin by explaining the name of the blog "Sweet As..." I have three brothers and I am inspired by them daily. 6 months ago, my younger brother got home from an LDS mission in Wellington, New Zealand. The minute he got off the plane he kept using the phrase "Sweet as..." It can be used in a swell of excitement or as a way to describe something.
I have always wanted to open a bakery at one point in my life, even if it's only around for a year. One day the youngest brother said, "Hey, if you opened a bakery what if you called it Sweet As...", and I thought that is a great name. There are so many different things that you could end that thought with, "Sweet as PIE!", "Sweet as CAKE!", "Sweet as COOKIES!" etc. Also the other great thing about this phrase is it kind of has some shock value, because people aren't quite sure what you just said when you say it. Try it, I dare you!

The summer of 2011 has become the summer of chances and decision. I have decided that I am going to bake something new at least once a week. Of course I can't eat all of these things myself and I don't expect my family to eat them, so maybe you will be one of the lucky people who get's a surprise treat on their porch!

1 comment: